Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Friday, April 1, 2011

"They Asked Me to Go to Rehab...I Said No, No, No"

That is part of an Amy Winehouse song.  She said "no, no, no" to rehab when, clearly, she ought to have said, "yes!"

I think that the same goes for me.  Several months ago I woke up with a really, really HORRIBLY painful neck and upper back.  Greg took me (unshowered, in my pajamas, and folded into a very strange position) to the emergency room at OSS, where x-rays showed that my spinal cord (in the neck area) was actually arched the wrong way from the severity of my muscle spasm.

The doctor said he had never seen anything like it and found it really interesting.  (Well, you are welcome, doctor.)  He gave me lots of meds and an order for six weeks of tri-weekly rehab.  And I said no, no, no.

I did not have time for rehab...or a full course of steroids.

Well, you guessed it:  It happened again!  Tuesday night I felt things begin to go wrong, and now (Friday morning) I could barely roll over or get out of bed, let alone clean the whole house as I need to be doing for the real estate appraisal at lunchtime. 

I am sad to say that neither Lavender, nor any other aspirin-type medicine is even touching the pain today. 

NyQuil?

No comments:

Post a Comment