Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Monday, April 18, 2011

I don't care that I forget everything except that everyone thinks that I don't care...

I am at the beach with my mama and Brooke. We escaped for 30 hours between one am school drop off and another chiropractic appointment. She was needing to meet up with a kitchen contractor, and I was needing a break from my day to day.

Soooo, here I am sitting on the porch, listening to the waves and being bitten by the season's first black flies. I am hunting and a'pecking on an iPad with no keyboard...I can't see what I'm typing because of the glare, so good luck reading. These deplorable tying conditions are not conducive to good writing, I'm afraid, but we shall persevere.

the Beebs and I have been talking pretty much nonstop since we hopped into her car this morning, and she just busted out that line that I used as the title for this post. Amen to that! I have been forgetting everything lately....the juice box for Alyssa's lunchbox, the laundry mildewing in the washer, what I went out to the garage for... It has been really scary, and I attribute it to pregnancy brain and spending the majority of my time in the company of a semi literate toddler person.

(Whom, I might add, Beeba just woke up by stealthlessly attempting to "watch her sleep"...like a total cheese ball rookie, who obviously doesn't appreciate "me time" as much as this girl.)

Now, I attempt to compose with the meager and unsatisfactory keyboard, poor visibility, and the added torment of Brooke the Destroyer...who is currently raking her talons on the pillow that I am using to prop up the iPad on my lap, which is surely not advisable for the reversing of the reverse curvature of my neck :(

I was writing about being forgetful, and I have now forgotten where I was going with this...

No comments:

Post a Comment