Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Feedback Reports: Bite Me!

So, we're selling our house.  You know this.

What you may not know is that, nowadays, when you have a showing, that the realtor gives feedback, which instantaneously (isn't technology grand?) pops up in your email.

(Back in the olden days, they just left you their card and a whole lot of wondering...)

This is just one more way to make an "intense" person like me go completely insane during the process of selling her home.

The "constructive criticism" that we have received thus far has been totally unconstructive, in my opinion.  It makes me seethe with rage.  Fury.  Code red style. 

After busting one's butt to speed-clean every crevice of the house to sparkling.  Making sure that every closet, cabinet, drawer, and appliance is also clean.  Staging in the form of putting out fresh flowers, baskets of fresh fruit, fresh towels.  Perfecting the lighting scheme.  Pulling weeds and sweeping walks.  Evacuating the house with the two children (and sometimes two dogs).  Lighting cinnamon bun candles...and going so far as to blow them out in the garage so that the smoky smell doesn't affect the buyer's first sensory impression.  It really BITES when the responses are like this:

Interest in property?  None at all.  Want a new home. 

Price of property?  Too high.  (BLOWING A GASKET!  EYE TWITCHING!  VEINS BULGING!)

Other: Too close to high traffic area.

In order to save whatever shreds of sanity are still intact, I have called our real estate team and asked them to cease and desist with the "feedback reports." 

Can anyone seriously take this type of useless b.s. and do something "constructive" with it?  I know I am a very sensitive flower, but I just feel that this type of ridonkulous commentary is enough to make any seller lose their will to go on selling.  Anyone know an auctioneer?

Why waste my time--not to mention my freaking cinnamon bun candle--if the buyer wants a new home/cheap home/home on a less busy road?  Can't possibly change the fact that this home was built in the 1950s/still has SOME value (down 25% already from 3 years ago!!)/is located centrally!!!

At the risk of offending you: BITE ME buyers with useless feedback.  If offending you, who do not appreciate this classic house that smells of delicious cinnamon buns and sparkles with cleanliness and sits on a stately piece of property in a convenient location, then I don't want to be right!

(Sorry, my realtors, if you happen to be reading this.)
(And, I KNOW that at the very least, my reader, Julie, is with me on this point!  Right, Julie?!)

2 comments:

  1. *rolls eyes*

    I really hate stupidity like that.

    A realitor shows the listing to people, it tells them your address... they can see when your house was built... But, they STILL came to see it?
    That's their fault. Not yours.
    When I was looking for a new home, I didn't go places that I wasn't interested in going.
    Some people are just dumb.

    And, I would stop those "constructive" emails immediatley. Let your realitors screen them or something, only giving you the actual constructive critiscism.

    And, I think that a house built in the 1950's in a central location... that is well maintained is an amazing buy.
    Others will too.
    Hopefully you can sell it soon.
    To the right family who will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kateri,

    Thanks for that. I am sure we will find the right buyer eventually. Hopefully before I run out of patience and cleaning supplies!

    ReplyDelete