Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Friday, April 22, 2011

I Used a Paper Towel on EARTH DAY! (It was recycled, but still.)

Any parent of a school-aged child knows that today is Earth Day...and, in fact, has probably been forcibly coerced into a litter pick-up walk at some point, if you are lucky--like me!  (Thanks a lot, Mrs. Hoover!) 

Alyssa and I put on our raincoats...and covered Brooke with a blanket...and picked up litter from, not only our current yard, but from our new lot as well.  The funny thing was that Alyssa became bored with the litter pick-up about 10 seconds and 2 pieces of litter in, although she was the one who had pestered me mercilessly to join her Earth Day crusade.

Being the excellent mother that I am, I forced her to at least accompany me while I cleaned the litter out of our yards.  She didn't enjoy the process nearly as much as she must've thought she would because (a) she has the attention of a gnat with ADD and (b) she doesn't like to touch "dirty" things. 

I'm not sure what she thought litter was exactly...

After playing this Earth Day charade, we came in to clean up for yet another showing.  Losing all track of what day it was, I used a (recycled) paper towel instead of a fiber cleaning rag and became a total Earth Day hypocrite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment