Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Well, If Vincent VanGogh Says So (According to Gauguin)...

“Oh yes! He loved yellow, did good Vincent...When the two of us were together in Arles, both of us insane, and constantly at war over beautiful colors, I adored red; where could I find a perfect vermilion?” -- Paul Gauguin
So, I once read somewhere or another that yellow was the favored color of the insane.  In spite of this, I have painted at least part of my house yellow ever since, and I am considering painting the vast majority of my "open concept" new house yellow because I think it is a great canvas.  I can paint alongside it bursts of greens, reds, oranges, and blues...

What doesn't "go" with yellow?

Still, I was having some reservation about siding with the clinically insane.  As a general rule, I try not to do this.

But, then I happened upon a quote by Gauguin (above)...and I'm thinking if VanGogh is the insane person who loves yellow, then we are golden--pun totally intended!

Yellow it is.

No body knows paint like VanGogh, am I right?

And ears are totally overrated anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment