Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kibble Nibbler--Species Confusion

So, Brooke (my human/FURLESS baby)  is the same approximate size as our two small dogs (my fur babies).

She is on hands and knees at their level for most of her waking hours.

I have reason to believe that she may have some species confusion, at this point.

As I have already admitted, my baby eats (organic) dog food.  Yep, she is a total kibble nibbler!  Every single time she gets a chance, she crawls into the dog crates and snags a few kibbles, stuffs them into her mouth, and grips stragglers in her chubby mitts!  Never far behind her, I sweep the soggy kibbles from her mouth and pry it from her vice-like grip.  We wash her hands off in the sink.  She smiles triumphantly the whole time.  Girl loves her some dog food.

Disgusting?  Yes.  But it gets worse...

Today, I watched her crawl up to the dog water dish.  This, too, is a regular occurrence.  Generally, she just splashes happily until I swoop her up.  This time, she crawled up to it...and I said, "no!"  She stopped momentarily.  I praised her.

AND THEN she put two hands on the edge of the bowl and dipped her head, putting her lips on the edge!  It was as if she was using it like a giant cup!  "No, no, no.  Yucky!!  People use CUPS!"

We hastened to the refrigerator, and I offered her the sippy, which she chugged thirstily.  When she was finished.  She, as per usual, tossed it to the floor.  "Ah, ah...ah, ah..." she babbled.  (Translation: "uh-oh.")

Then, the ever-present fur babies licked up the splatters and the wet spout of the sippy cup...

2 comments:

  1. I loved this! I laughed out loud .... You find the irony in so many situations and relay it with humorous insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with Mama on this! I laughed so hard! B does love those dogs. Love this friend! Love!

    ReplyDelete