Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Grand Gestures Are Overrated

Some women (and men) crave grand romantic gestures: dozens of red roses, champagne, stretch limousines, gourmet dinners eaten by candlelight, bedspreads covered in flower petals, sky-writing, Jumbotron proposals, and so on and so forth.  Call me low-maintenance, but what really gets me are the simple gestures of love and partnership.  Case in point, in our household, nothing is more of a turn-on to me than waking up to an unstacked dishwasher and a hastily scrawled note: "Already fed the CAT!  Love you."

Back off ladies!!  He's mine, all mine.  ;-)

But seriously.  I cherish that note, written on a scrap of recyclable paper sitting on top of the dog's crate.  That is REAL love.  Just like the note I received almost four years ago (just before our wedding) that said, in foam kids shower-wall letters sticking on the wall of my shower: CANT WAIT 2 WED U. 

Well, today, I'd marry him all over again!  

(...He doesn't even like the cat!)

1 comment: