Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Friday, September 9, 2011

She Works Hard for Her Money

Momglomerate readers, I know that I have been posting much less prolifically lately, and for this I do apologize.

Oh, how I love this blog!  Unfortunately, while I enjoy writing my posts, and am just ecstatic with the increasing readership, I am not finding the blogging to be very lucrative at this early stage.  And by "not very lucrative," I mean not. at. all. lucrative.  At all!

So, in order to bring home the eggs to go with Greg(apostrophe)s proverbial bacon, I am spending less time blogging and more time working (...on things that pay more than $18 per six weeks--thank you, Google ads).   In addition to trying to keep the house and yard looking like something out of Better Homes and Gardens 24-7, I have taken on some editing and typing assignments.  

You know how these momglomerates are.  Always changing.

I must go now.  I need to try to translate the wording on a W-4 (the hardest part about starting a new job; I swear that you need an advanced dual degree in economics and law with a minor in philosophy just to fill out one of these darned worksheets correctly!)  Then I need to photocopy my passport photo to prove that I am a citizen of the USA.  Then I need to do some laundry, followed by a bout of serious weed killing--using vinegar and soap! 

Could my day BE any more wildly-varied and exciting??  What did YOU do today?  Haha :-)

2 comments:

  1. Today, I got back to NYC around 9am after my 5th in a row 15+ hr work day of OVERNIGHT filming while combating both the worst cold of my life AND a 24 hr stomach flu!!! Today, I must get Internet Installed, pack my bags, and clear my posessions for a subletter... While staying awake during DAYTIME (oh no, how foreign!) and preparing to celebrate into the night for my boyfriend's last law school final of the year. It will be worth it for tomorrow, heading to Switzerland to see my brother graduate (more jetlag!!), but right this second, I guess I'd be into killing weeds with vinegar :) oy vey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this thing fa-rozen? I'm pretty sure I commented on this post several days ago and it was not posted a few hours ago as it says right now. I'm confused :( I need more posts to read... Vacay = reading time!

    ReplyDelete