Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Thursday, September 8, 2011

"Bah Mook" (English Translation: "Bye, Milk")

Long, long ago I posted "Milkaholic."  I worried...in the 11th hour (read: month) of Brooke's first year...that she was going to be a tough nut to crack in the ol' weaning department.  Weelll, as usual, I was correct.

It's a curse.

Brooke, now 16 months and some odd days old, is becoming the creepy little milk-fiend I predicted.  At this point, she follows me around chanting: "Ahh Mama, Mama, mook."  She wakes up throughout the night and stands at her crib shouting pathetically: "Mook Mama Mook."  She climbs into my lap and fumbles with my buttons, becomes momentarily distracted by my belly button (which is her anatomical fascination du jour), and then paws at my bra: "Mook.....peeeez."

Creepy, right?  Yes, well, don't judge!  I had tried to implement a one-mook-per-day policy: a tranquilizing maternal beverage before bedtime only.  We went about a week before I cracked and did an emergency 3AM mook fix, which has now become the routine.  Brooke is such an adorable little mookaholic that I struggle to steel my resolve to cut her off cold turkey.  She still gets looped after nursing...

After her last nip of mook, she waved sweetly at my chest and crooned a boozy, "Bah Mook."  Sigh.

Can Mama's little mookaholic say enabler?

1 comment:

  1. *laughs*

    She waves at your chest and says goodbye to the milk?

    **tears form while laughing**

    Amazing.
    So cute.

    ReplyDelete