Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Friday, May 27, 2011

Tornado Warnings and Increased Donut Consumption Correlation Theory

Does anyone else (specifically from Central PA) notice a sharp increase in tornadic activity this year?  It is like a bi-weekly occurrence now that the local news anchors tell us to abandon cars and mobile homes and take cover in a low-level interior room, surrounding ourselves with pillows, blankets, and other buffering materials.

This did not used to happen here.  Did it?

I had previously figured the tornadoes were due to the Murphy's Law effect, since we were trying to sell the house and keep the yard pristine this spring--but now the house is under contract....so I guess it wasn't just me after all.  Since my dentist appointment this past Monday, I'm beginning to peg this severe weather on my hygienist, Misty.  She just moved here from Tornado Alley in the Midwest.  She hates storms--even thunderstorms make her break out in a cold sweat--so she and her husband decided to make the move to PA when the opportunity presented itself.  She was thrilled to be moving somewhere more climatically stable.

Thanks a lot, Misty.  Clearly it was YOU who brought these tornadoes.  (And here I was blaming myself all this time!)

All I have to say about this stressful weather is that it FORCES me to stop for my "forbidden donut" at the Giant bakery a lot more regularly.  Fear=Fat, people.  Fear=Fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment