Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's A Torrential Downpour Resulting in Local Flooding (...and also, naturally, my home inspection day)

It has been raining for days, but nothing like it has in the past few hours.  It has been pouring torrents of rain since I left my house for its 2-hour inspection.

Why, oh, why, does selling my house equal massive quantities of rainfall?  Every appointment, showing, open house--RAIN.  Gushing rain.  Blowing rain. Pouring buckets of rain.

I did a drive-by, hoping against hope that it wasn't pouring on top of my house while an inspector was on its roof.  It was.   

Weather has always caused me stress, but this streak or real estate-related record rainfall has been worse luck than rain on your wedding day.  (Alanis Morisette.)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it Ironic?
    Don't you think?

    ------------
    I hate this rain.. Completely.... Today, after the torrential down pours all day.. I found out that I have a leak... and it's coming from my siding... and leaking into the ceiling of my FIRST FLOOR.

    UGH.

    Hope all went well...

    ReplyDelete