Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Monday, May 23, 2011

Life Update!

I'm so discombobulated that I'm not even sure if I mentioned that the house is under contract...and it passed its inspection...and it was appraised.  Things are looking good for us to settle and move out in mid-July.  All except for one little thing:

THEY DIDN'T EVEN START OUR NEW HOUSE YET!  As in, they have yet to break ground.  Further, they have yet to secure a permit to break ground.

This means that we will be moving our family of four humans and two canines into my parents house until the new house is finished.  My poor parents are (very wisely) jumping ship and moving their family of two humans and three canines into their beach house.  If and when we are all present at their farm house simultaneously, there would be four adults, two children, five canines, and two felines (...and just that ONE house).  Intense.  I coin this interim move: long-term temporary.

Thankfully, their farm (and house) are next door to the new house (which is, as reported, just weedy, rocky "lot #43" right now).  So, it will be a super-convenient place for us to monitor the goings-on....whenever the goings-on get going.

Still, we will have to move all of our belongings into a storage POD, since the 'rents home is already full of furniture...and, obviously, their belongings.  Sooooo--in preparation for this move-times-2, I have been purging the house of all things superfluous for a pre-move garage sale that I'm having this weekend.  This is super-easy and fun, of course, with all of Brooke's "help" all day long.

In addition, I have been fighting the good fight against the tall grass and weeds that pervade the horse pastures now that the horses have been put on grass-restricted diets by the veterinarian who deemed them all obese.  The fatties are now in small, mostly grassless paddocks, AKA diet paddocks, which occupy maybe 1/5 of all of the pasture land.  Now, the remainder is a veritable jungle with all of the rain we've been having.  So, between bouts of precipitation, I mow and mow and mow.

In my "free time" (whenever Brooke and Alyssa--and Greg--are asleep, that is) I do everyday housework and my actual work--editing and typing. 

All I have to say is THANK GOODNESS that I haven't had to do any crazy house cleaning/staging/prep the past few days.  Since the appraisal on Friday, I have finally been able to let things slide a little bit on that front.  If I was still keeping up with that rigamarole, I would definitely be losing it by now.

It is almost 11 PM, and I have just finished the most pressing house chores, the last of my work accounts, and this teensie little post.  I am dog tired.  And, speaking of dogs, they are calling for more thunderstorms in the wee hours of this morning (3AM-ish), so that means that I will be getting a Ringo wake-up call in 4 hours and counting.  I had better get to sleep NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment