Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Monday, May 2, 2011

Man "Cleaning" Scheme

So, as I just posted, Greg and I did make a very strong team in the home-slash-yard maintenance department this weekend.  We could totally have kicked butt on one of those Weekend Warrior shows that are on HGTV (which we no longer have since we bid adieu to cable a month or so ago). 

I am very thankful for all that Greg did around here this weekend. 

That being said, however, I have to bring up his totally abysmal performance in the house cleaning department.  Can you say lackluster?  The man striped out our whole front yard.  It was a total thing of beauty.  Then, he suddenly lacks the motivation necessary to dust, vacuum, or clean to a high standard of spic and span-ness?

For instance: 

I asked him to dust the baseboards and radiators.  He "dusts" them, and when I go to wipe them down, I find dog hair tumbleweeds, dry and crispy dead stink bugs, brown and crunchy dead leaves, and Cheerios galore.  He still claims, in spite of much physical evidence to the contrary, that he dusted them... 

Then, he "vacuums," and when I start to mop, I find fuzzies and more crispy bug critters and dog and people hairballs in the corners and along the edges.  He claims that our vacuum does not go in corners or along edges...

Then, he "cleans" the bathroom, and when I go in to hand him the vinegar for the mirrors, he shows me that he has already cleaned them.  With essential-oil based all purpose cleaner.  They look frosted.  He says they look fine.

It is almost as if he tries to do things half-butted, as if he knows that this will greatly decrease the likelihood that I will ask him to help me again...while still earning him the good boy gold stars for being mama(apostrophe)s little helper.  Hmm.  Will have to consider this more :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment