Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Snot, Or Something Much More Sinister?

Brooke has been snotty for the past several weeks.  She is teething, she has seasonal allergic rhinitis, and she has gotten her shots:  It is the snot trifecta.

I wipe her nose practically every second that she is awake, and she still usually has a trail of boogs from her nostrils to her lips.  It is really gross, and we both detest all of the nose wiping.

This morning, in between bouts with the snot rag, I was trying to smooth down her wayward hair, and I put my hand directly into a very wet and slimy spot on her scalp.  I wondered: snot or something much more sinister?  (After all, she had been playing on the floor with the dogs...)

Now, really?!  It is a crazy thing to hit a phase where snot becomes the least disgusting option for random icky things that you might encounter on your baby(apostrophe)s head, isn(apostrophe)t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment