Photos by Amanda Naylor, PThreePhoto.com

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

It makes me laugh a little (not out loud, but very barely audibly on the inside) when I recall my last post: I was informing you that the packing and moving were completed and we were moving in with my parents, which I apparently thought would be:
a. funny
b. inspiring
c. time-freeing.





In reality, I spent about the first two weeks here teetering between migraine-inducing rage and the kind of hopelessness that makes you want to curl up into the fetal position in a dark room for hours upon hours.  It is true, as it turns out, that you cannot go home again...ESPECIALLY not with your two kids and two dogs and one ADHD husband.

My stepdad, Mike, is ADHD, like Greg.  He is very particular about his habits, schedule, and things, like Greg.  He is very quick to anger, like Greg.  Put the two of them in the same house, let alone the same kitchen, and you can only imagine the horrors.  Or maybe you can't.  It is still totally un-funny to me at the moment, as I'm still here living the nightmare until at least October 18th.

If I can think of some slightly entertaining...hopefully funny and lighthearted...way of exemplifying the insanity, I will.  At this point, all I can muster up is a list of current points of contention:
-dogs using the garden as a bathroom
-dogs using the house as a bathroom
-my dogs eating a food with grains in it
-incorrect dosage of dog incontinence pills
-incorrect dosage of earache medication
-incorrect usage of anti-nausea pill for t-storm tranquilizer pill resulting in dog's destructive psychotic episode
-parking vehicles nose-in
-using the bathroom scale
-using the remote control
-using the other remote control
-using the salsa
-using the cast iron pots
-using soap on said pots
-feeding the diabetic cat dry food
-not mixing in the dogs' wet food
-softball on Monday
-softball on Wednesday
-patio cushions out in rain
-dishwasher loading
-amounts of laundry detergent
-timeliness of washing pots and pans
-Brooke and the steps
-dogs and the front yard
-dogs and hiking
-logging off of the computer
-dripping faucet
-cracking driveway
-fountain care schedule
-the Furminator
-how many beans one should eat in a day
-how much oil one should use to cook things
-timeliness of drying cast iron
-location of kitchen utensils
-sugar intake of children

Ad nauseum.

1 comment:

  1. ... Remnds me of someone I know who may be directly related to someone in your house........ And I have NO IDEA how you can do it.

    Ps- saw brooke for 10 seconds tonight and her hair is so long! What a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete